Sunday, April 10, 2011

Logan's Blessing





April 10, 2011 was what any parent looks forward to, the christening of their child. This was pushed back much longer than I ever wanted. It was so important to Carl and I that the most important people were there so adjustments had to be made.
Logan's outfit is full of history. The little buret was made by my great grandmother for my grandfather Erickson. It is still in perfect shape. The whomper and shoes Logan is wearing actually was his father's (Carl). Carl was blessed at 2 month and Logan is 4 months in these pictures. Does that tell you how big Carl was as a baby? The only thing that is new on him is his socks! I am truly greatful Logan was able to show off his heritage and I hope that he will continue the tradition.
Logan fussed through the whole time before his blessing. Just crying and kicking. The moment Carl stood up Logan stopped crying. The blessing was beautiful and filled my heart with joy.
We were surprised by how many people fit inside our little home after the blessing at the church. We were cramped but comfortable. Good food and good company, who could ask for anything more.


 I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and beautiful family. I am greatful that Logan could be born in the covenant. I love my hard working husband who has given so much for our happiness. I am greatful that the Lord could guide us into having Logan at this time, for there is no greater time in my life than with my little family now. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

No comments: