Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Although Easter has been turned toward more pagenistic thoughts it is always a comfort to know of what Easter is truly about. Brother Holland touched what crossed my mind this Easter Sunday. He lived with God in his heart until the end. Then he was alone so that he could know what it is like for us to be alone.
I am excited to teach Logan of this blessed day and even this blessed week. So much happened in this time. The passover, the sacrifice, the resurrection, the gospel going to the Americas, and so much more. Logan and I watched the Prince of Egypt on the Passover and followed the tradition of watching the Ten Commandments with my family (one of my fathers favorite movies). One day Logan will understand, if he doesn't already. I hope to be there for that day.

1 comment:

Miss Rach said...

We watch the ten commandments on Easter too! It's one of my favorites. Mike thought it was funny my whole family is super into that show. He thought I was kidding when I told him my fam watches it religiously. :) I'm so glad you're going to teach Logan more about the Christ-centered meaning of Easter. You're such a good mommy!