Friday, December 10, 2010

Jazz game

 The Monday after Thanksgiving Carl gives me a text telling me he has something very special for me when he got home. So in anticipation beyond all comprehension I awaited my husbands return home. We curled up in bed for our daily snuggle and he pulled out four of the most beautiful pieces of paper I have seen all semester. Four Jazz tickets on the 24th row for that Friday. My amazing husband had gotten them as an extra bonus along with his Christmas bonus. (He had to fight for them a little since they were really an extra $400 bonus added to his already generous bonus) He told me to invite my parents, which just made me love this man even more. He wanted it to be our present to my parents which I thought was a wonderful idea.

My family has a tradition when we go to Jazz games. We always park on the west side of West High School and go to Crown Burger. This year we mixed it up a little and went to temple square to see some lights and hear the Christmas cheer. In the visitor center there was a concert with high schools from all over Utah. We were able to listen to one of them perform beautifully as Daddy and I relaxed from our walk. It was a great way to get into the spirit of the season.


As we were leaving Crown Burger we ran into some familiar faces! My uncle Richard and aunt Diane were pulling in for some quick munchies and crunchies! We all just had to laugh at the chance we would run into them in such a big city. Mommy and I wanted to see the new Deseret Book that is were the old ZCMI center was and check out the new and beautiful condos. Of course, the odds of running into my aunt and uncle again were slim to none, but lo-and-behold there they were in the Deseret Book. So we had Richard show us around the new building and talk about some of the books he is working on! I thoroughly enjoy their company and love being around them. I hope he spontaneously run into them again!

Daddy claimed that if Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points the Jazz would loose. Not a very positive view for our wonderful Jazz, but sure enough the moment Nowitzki hit 20 the Jazz began loosing it. After an epic battle between the teams the Jazz lost 81-93.

Even though our team lost, it was still a great game. I know Logan enjoyed it. He was jumping all over the place! A true Jazz fan even in utero.
Thank you Carl for the most wonderful experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss family jazz games. Crown burger, game, and good times.

Alyssa said...

Lucky you! One day Steven and I will make it to the lower bowl. Looks like you had a good time though!