Friday, December 10, 2010

The Ballard Christmas

T'is the season to be jolly. Our many blessing are breeding and creating more and more blessings. Carl and I have not had a proper Christmas tree for our two Christmas's together but this year our grandparent Ballards had an extra Christmas tree which they most kindly gave to us. It is the most perfect little tree I have ever seen. They also gave us some beautiful ornaments! So Carl and I put up our tree and trimmed it. It was so pretty I couldn't put all our little ornaments from our past on it. Logan's first Christmas ornament is the only one that is not a bulb or bow. Can you spot the little white rocking horse?

Our lovely home teacher and his family have been a true blessing to our little home. I became exceedingly overwhelmed by how limited I am in moving and what I am able to do. Cleaning has become a real challenge when it use to be a pleasure. So our dear Sister Bills came into our home and deep cleaned our bathroom. I was finally able to clean our very neglected bed room while she cleaned. We chatted and enjoyed each others company as we progressively made my home more livable. My visiting teachers are such lovely ladies! They always come over with little treats and words of encouragement. It is a wonderful blessing to have these people to watch over us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

My thought on these blessings make me want to go out and do something amazing for someone else. I want be like these amazing people and give before I ever take. I have been too selfish in this time of my life and really feel like I have not given enough. T'is the season of giving. So let's give before we take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

christmas tree. it looks awesome. they brighten up the room.

Alyssa said...

Good luck with your upcoming weeks! Visiting teachers are awesome and they are great to help out when they are needed.