Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh To Breathe Again

This pregnancy has been exceptionally easy on me. I had no morning sickness, little neausea, minimal trouble with fatigue, and no rediculous cravings. I thank my healthy lifestyle for the lack of these unpleasent things most pregnancies are troubled with. As I am approaching my last three months I am experiencing the least favorite section of my life. (This is going against kidney stones, Mono., and finals)
Why woman say "I can't wait to be pregnant again" absolutely flabergast me! I have gained weight beyond what I expected (although I admit I still look good physically). I have stopped workingout. Something that I regret every second. The back of my legs looks like a stretched out plastic bag. I have no stretch marks on my stomach, but of course, they went to the place were they will be most exposed in a swim suit. I know they will soon go away which is an encouraging thing to look forward to.
I never realized how bad my back hurts until I found the only comfortable position on my stomach. So much pressure was released but much to poor Carl's expense considering he needs to be a part of the pile of pillows that are to be shoved under me so baby is not crushed inot my spine.
I miss a good nights sleep. For the last month I have been waking up at 2:30 either to heat, heartburn, need to relieve my poor crushed bladder, or the fact Logan decided to wake up and have a disco party in his water bed. Sometimes I can go back to sleep relatively quickly but it is getting harder and harder. Carl is also suffering because I do not sleep curled up anymore but spread out with my arms over my head and my legs spread apart. On a little full sized bed it is not alway a comfortable experience for either of us.
Logan moves on his own now. He is exteremly strong, at times too strong. He has found mommy's diaphragm and lower ribs to be a fun toy to wrestle with and makes it very hard to breathe. Sitting in class it is so distracting with ones tummy moving as if there is a snake swirling around inside a bubble.
Iwant to meet my little Logan. I want to see his little face, toes, eyes, ears and all the other little parts of him. I want to hear his cry and his giggle. I want him to be comfortable and not smashed and water bound. I want to see this little spirit God has blessed Carl and I to watch over. But most of all, I WANT HIM OUT OF ME!

3 comments:

Kari said...

You are such a cute pregnant woman! It will probably get a little worse, but you are almost done!! Hang in there and give your tummy lots of hugs!! :)

Casandra said...

I feel your pain. It gets worse with each and every kid.

Julie K said...

I loved your last paragraph, love, love, love- okay, now get out! haha