Friday, September 17, 2010

Brianne's Thoughts

I have come to discover my little nitch. I am not the smartest person in the world. I am very ordinary and plain. I like it like that. I do not want to the responsibility of expectations to fail or be great upon my shoulders.

I find joy in simple things. A song that fits just right with my personality, the sun on my face, the crispness of soon-to-be-autumn air in the morning, waking up with my best friend next to me and even opening up the fridge and finding a whole gallon of orange juice just waiting for me. Everyone finds happiness in things like this. But it is different for me.

The one thing I excel in, in my personal opinion, is the opportunity I have to take a simple thing and within my own being create something great out of it. A note on a piece of music can be turned to music. Even if it is not amazing or astounding I can do it and find the utmost jubilance in it. I can see the heart beat of my baby on the ultrasound monitor or the Doppler and know the great work and effort that went into that little movement and become positively giddy from it. My entire mood can transform in a moment with a chord I hear or a rythym. I find no touch better than that of my hands moving across my husbands bare back. Such little felicities. Such small induldgences create such a atmosphere that I can appreciate and no one else can fully understand what it is I am feeling.
What a blessing.



My new favorite quote:

This is the beginning of a new day
God has given me this day to use as I will
I can waste it or use it for good
What I do today is important because
I’m exchanging a day out of my life for it
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever
Leaving in its place that which I have traded
I want it to be gain, not loss
Good, not evil
Success, not failure
In order that I should not regret the price I paid for it
Because the future is just a whole string of nows
 ~Lou Holtz





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was like one big poem. Love it!

Kari said...

I haven't been on blog world for a while, so sorry for such a late post, but I need you to know....this is why I love you!! You are such a sweetheart and I'm sooo happy to have you as a friend! Don't ever change! :)