Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CAMPING TRIP

This happened a while ago so I am no on catch up. We went camping for the first time since we were married! We invited several people and of course most bailed at the last moment. I enjoyed the smaller numbers however. Our campsite was in Coalville by Echo reservoir. It was an RV park and we had a lovely view of the back of a hotel. It was really close to the town which proved very helpful as we forgot many things.
Brandon was the first to show for several hours. We enjoyed just sitting outside, getting eaten by bugs, and chatting! I so love this kid and being around him and Carl made a new friend.
Rachel LOVING Her hotdog lunch. And in the back ground you can see the Marriot hotel. If it rained we were thinking of just booking a hotel room and enjoy that kind of camping. hehe.
Jessica and her fiance Monty also joined in this very exciting excapade. They are a lovely couple and a lot of fun to be with.

We went to Echo resevoir when it just got too hot to deal with. The water was just right but really nasty. I personally got in long enough to enjoy the refreshing water then quickly returned to our very rocky beach. I wish I had worn water shoes. Next time we should bring a boat because again not a swimming resevoir.
I got a new swimwuit for the occation. It worked great with my protruding belly. With my visor I looked like a tennis player! ACE!




This is Carl's way of cleaning out the tent. It made him look SO buff! I was so use to the tents with the fat metal polls and heavy tarps that you had to sweep out with a broom that this absolutely astounded me! Welcome to the twenty first century Bri!


Anyone who knows Rachel knows that she is not a very good cook, except sugar cookies which she is absolutely amazing at. But this was a very successful meal! Probably because, as it turns out, Mike is a gourmet chief! Not just scrambled eggs, but a whole meal in the eggs and bacon! I am glad that someone in that relationship is a good cook. I always feared for Rachel's nutritional well being when she was on her own. No more though! hehe.

Our little camping group, save Brandon who took off a little earlier. It was a delightful trip filled with adventure, relaxation, boardgames, good company, and mosquitoes. Although I may not choose this place again next year, There will defiantly be planning of an annual friends camping trip! HOOORAH!

No comments: