Sunday, December 26, 2010

Logan Paul Ballard

Born to us this day (December 19, 2010) was a little angel from heaven. December 18 was rather a crazy day of Christmas shopping, cleaning and parties. After the last person left our home (11:30) Carl came down stairs to find his wife in some pain. Logan had suddenly decided he was going to come and soon. The contractions were sudden, no 20 min, then 10 minutes between each. It was 5 minutes between each and they were getting worse. We waited until 1:00 am to officially call it labor.
We hurried to the hospital to find out I was already 6cm and quickly progressing. They woke their sleeping anesthesiologist who came and gave me those miraculous drugs. The nurses gave me time to rest while I talked with my family who got out of bed in the wee hours of the night and traveled to support us in this endeavor. At 4:30 they said 'time to push'! So I did.
Carl was an amazing birth partner. He held my leg through the whole things and watched over me and baby very carefully. Mommy helped support him and cheer me on. I am VERY greatfull they were both there for me. At 4:48 out came little Logan. Beautiful as can be with a perfectly round head our baby's first girggly cry filled the room. Carl cried, I cried (partly out of relief and partly for hearing my beautiful baby), Mommy cried, Candice and Tammy were outside the door crying, and of course baby was crying. It was so magical when they let me hold my baby. I was still pretty drugged from the epidural but I knew the special thing that I held in my arms.
I love my Logan and am thrilled to have such a perfect baby in my life.


6 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a very cute baby!! Congrats and I'm glad everything went well! Can't wait to meet him!

The Student said...

Brianne!!! HE IS ADORABLE!!! WHEN CAN WE COME AND VISIT??????

The Nat Nat said...

Good for you! Logan is beautiful! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experiance. Sounds like you were born to be a mommy!

XOXO Natalie

Heather Williams said...

Awww. What a cutie. I love the video on your blog!

T. Ballard said...

love the "Logan" collage!!!

Casandra said...

Oh, I would've loved to come down and see him, but we've had one cold after another and I didn't think you'd appreciate our germs so hopefully we'll see him soon enough. Congrats, glad everything went well.